Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Work In Progress

I have been hesitant to share my fitness story for a while. Mainly because I was embarrassed at how I used to look, but then I got to thinking, when I began working out over a year ago I was only four months postpartum. Sure, I let myself gain over 50 pounds while pregnant, but the important thing is I decided to do something about it.
Let me start from the beginning. In March of 2012 I began the P90X2 program. Every day after my afternoon nap with my then 4 month old son I'd get up and workout with my Husband. (Maternity leave was bliss) We'd put our little guy in his jumper or swing and get our work out in.
I didn't really alter my eating. The only thing I did stay away from was sweets and fast food. Other than that I ate what I wanted and I was also  breast feeding so I know those extra calories I burned helped me to lose the last of the baby weight.
When I returned to work in May, I felt great! All of my pre baby clothes fit again and people at work noticed too, which was nice. I continued to workout every day with my husband. We'd wait for our little guy to fall asleep and get out workout done. Sure, I complained most days and didn't want to workout, but my supportive and sometimes pushy Husband was there to push me to get off the couch and workout with him. Love you, Boo!
And then the Holidays came and along with the Holidays 8 lbs. found their way back on to my ass. I was miserable. Yes, I was working out, but it didn't matter because of all the junk I allowed myself to have.
So then came January. And I, along with the rest of America resolved to lose weight. I was at least realistic about my goal, 20 lbs in a year is very doable. I restarted the P90X2 program, began training for my second half marathon, and started to eat cleaner. I began to read ingredients, not nutrition labels, and prepare my meals for work.
Since January, I have lost 11 lbs and over 8 inches. It's not much, but it's progress. I am trying to not stress the number on the scale and go by how I feel and my progress photos. I totally recommend this to anyone that is beginning their fitness journey. Get in your undies or booty shorts and sports bras, Ladies and take a before photo. It's great to look back on and see how far you have come. Especially on those days when you're bummed out over the number on the scale. Oh, and take your measurements too!
So with that said here is my "Before" and "During" photo. It's not a before and after because I am no where near done. I am a work in progress.



March 2012 & April 2013

As of April I have began the Insanity - The Asylum program in combination with 10 Minute Trainer which are also Beach Body products.
I also became a Beach Body Coach to keep myself accountable and to also show other busy Moms (and Dads) that they too can find time in their hectic days to just, "Push Play!"
Please comment or email me with any questions. I would love to help you reach your goals!!

XO
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog Sonia! Way to go. It's definitely better to just go off of how you look and feel when you're eating well and exercising plenty, but that pesky scale can be a downer sometimes. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your sweet comments. I never really put it out there on fb when I first started my blog. I was too Chicken... thought they'd think it was silly, but whatever. It's out there and this is me!

    ReplyDelete