Monday, January 28, 2013

First Post!!

Hi Everyone!!!

First post!!! I am both excited and nervous at the same time. Excited to document my love for fashion and fairly new love of running. Nervous because people can be well, assholes. So be kind! Fair warning... I can't spell, my grammar is terrible, I'm not a professional dresser or runner. So please be kind to me and to others on here.

Enough of that...
I am starting this blog because I wanted to document my 1/2 marathon training and my current shopping fast. What's a shopping fast? I'll explain in sec.

I am in my fourth week of 1/2 Marathon training. On St. Patty's Day I will be running Sacramento's Shamrock'n Half Marathon. This will be my second half and I am hoping to beat my time of 2 hours and 40 minutes. Yes, I am a slow poke, but am working on shedding 10 minutes off my time. Wish me luck!

So what's a shopping fast? A shopping fast is part of my New Year's resolution to STOP BUYING SHIT I DON'T NEED! I have a habit of going through clearance sections and buying things I don't really love let alone like because it's marked down in price. Not just for myself. No, I share the wealth. I buy clothes for my Husband and little boy. Pretty soon all of the "cheap" clothes start to add up and there's no room for them... we don't end up wearing a lot of it and they get given away in some cases with tags still on them. So I challenged myself to not buy any clothes for any of us until March. Why March? Because Easter is in March and we can't go without new Easter outfits, can we? Can we?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment